Our services are free of cost for birthing people living within King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties.
We offer support to families during pregnancy, birth, and in early parenting.
- Birth Doula Services provides community-based doula support and case management services starting in the third trimester of pregnancy and up to three months after the baby is born.
- Community-Based Outreach Doula Services is a home-visiting program funded through Washington State’s Department of Early Learning. Our nationally accredited program extends support from infant home visits up to a child’s 2nd birthday for African American/Black, American Indian/Alaska Native, Latinx, and Somali clients. We support positive early parenting so that emotionally and physically healthy children can enter early childhood programs, and eventually kindergarten, ready to learn and thrive.
- Lactation Support supported by Best Starts for Kids, provides lactation support prioritizing the African American/Black, American Indian/Alaska Native, and Pacific Islander communities at no cost. Lactation Support Peer Counselors support families prenatally, and continue through visits through the first year of baby’s life.
- Lactation Lounges in partnership with Camie Goldhammer will be offered throughout King County and surrounding areas. The Lactation Lounges are supported by Lactation Support Peer Counselors, midwives, lactation consultants, and other lactation specialists. All families who are in need of lactation support are welcome to drop in at any time during their feeding journey.
- The Perinatal and Lactation Support Collaborative supported by Best Starts for Kids has a goal of helping to improve perinatal health and outcomes for residents of King County. We offer prenatal support services combining together midwifery practices, birth workers, and other perinatal professionals through: 1) no cost group prenatal care, Supportive Pregnancy groups; 2) culturally-relevant, peer-to-peer educational support via place-based workshops and home visits; and 3) referrals to other necessary services and resources to address the life circumstances that may hinder the quality of a healthy pregnancy, delivery, and family during the baby’s first year of life.
- Family Support Services (FSS) program is a resource navigation and community connection pilot funded through Help Me Grow King County in partnership with Best Starts for Kids. Our FSS program provides supportive case-management and resource navigation, hosts peer-support parenting groups and works to build referral relationships with community organizations who provide services supporting families pregnancy to age five.